A good age to start taking piano lessons is 6 years for most children.
However, if your child meets some of the following conditions, starting at an earlier age can be possible:
- my child shows musical interest through humming, singing or dancing
- we have a piano at home and my child regularly explores its soundworld
- my child can count and recognize numbers from 1-10
- my child can distinguish between left and right
- my child knows and recognizes the first seven letters of the alphabet
- my child is generally surrounded by a lot of singing and music at home
In this case, it may be possible to start as early as age four. However, you should bear in mind that active help of one parent Is absolutely necessary. In other words, you as a parent need to be present at the piano lesson, follow every task, game and movement so that you will be able to reconstruct everything accurately at home together with your child. Audio or video recording during the lesson is also highly recommended.